Wednesday, April 7, 2010

You, too, can learn to love sardines


I bet most people would say they don't like sardines.  I used to think I didn't like them either.  Until I made the "Sophia Loren of Pastas," that is. 


I found the recipe online and was instantly intrigued.  It calls for pappardelle, which, not ever having heard that word before, I had to Google.  Turns out it's just broad, flat noodles (like wider, flatter fettuccine).  At my office Christmas party I won a big basket of Trader Joe's groceries(!), which included about three pounds of spaghetti.  Needless to day, I was working to use it all up. I shopped for the rest of the (simple) ingredients, bought a bottle of wine, and invited over the boyfriend. Not only was it easy to make, it was delicious! We're sardine converts, and I'm anxious to make it again. Great success.

Recipe: here
Photo:  via Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-38014729-1