Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Five-minute dinner


I recently enjoyed this delicious 5-minute dinner for one, which, considering  I don't own a microwave and I'm hesitant to eat meals that come from boxes, is pretty good I think.  Not that I have anything against microwaves.  Really, I don't.  I just never got one when I moved into a new apartment last fall.  (The previous place came with a microwave.)  I manage pretty well with my toaster oven.  


Sometimes you just don't have an hour to devote to making dinner.  I love taking the time to make something complex and delicious, particularly in the company of great people and a wine, but this scene simply doesn't take place every evening of my life.  So the other night, I grabbed a few random ingredients and voila! had dinner in just about five minutes.  No box, can, or microwave required!  First off, chop a little garlic and slice a few mushrooms.  Throw them in a small skillet with some olive oil and saute until the mushrooms have softened.  Then, throw in some leftover cooked noodles (I had buckwheat soba in the fridge) and a handful of fresh spinach.  Toss until all the ingredients are getting cozy and the spinach is wilted and bright green.  Turn off the heat and throw some shredded parmesan and fresh cracked pepper on top.  Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-38014729-1